Welcome to TagPro Map Designer v1.0
It's been awhile since I last got involved in a community-driven project like this, but I'm happy to contribute however I can. Since I build custom administration interfaces for a living, I thought a map generator and manager wouldn't be too hard a task.
It's a little rough around the edges, but I've only put about 10 hours of work into so far. If there is enough interest in using it, I will happily continue improving it as an ongoing side-project for the TagPro community.
Getting an Account
Map Designer uses the Google Authorization for account creation and management.
To create an account or to login to your existing account, click on the Google image below.
Help us Out!
All programming and hosting is done entirely for the benefit of the TagPro community. If you have the ability to help support us, we'd greatly appreciate it!
Using the Map Designer
The Map Designer is pretty basic and intuitive. Create a new map, click on a brush, and click on a cell to draw it. Use the keyboard shortcuts to navigate more quickly. When you're done, click on the 'Save Map Now' link. Note that the program auto-saves your map with every 10 changes you make; at most you'll only lose ten data points if you forget to save.
Testing Your Map
Once our auto-generator is finished, we will have a link to let you test maps without needing to do anything special. For the time being, you can download your PNG and JSON files from within the map editor. Once you download both files, visit http://tagpro-maptest.koalabeast.com/testmap and upload them.
Known Bugs and Design Flaws
I will try to keep this updated as best I can. If you come across a bug or have a feature request, feel free to email me at the address above.
- Editor takes up too much screen real-estate
- No functionality to assign gates to buttons
This is pretty much the last thing I need to incorporate into the codebase. I should have this working in the next day or two. For now, feel free to build maps. The changes will all be backwards-compatible.
- Shortcut Keys Not Working in Safari
- version 1.13.11
- fixed JS glitch that was causing bombs from properly loading
- standardized site navigation menu
- added "Active Maps" section allowing people to view other people's maps
- fixed additional DNS issues
- version 1.05.09
- added support for red and blue team tiles
- version 1.03.09
- added four different brush sizes to expedite the design process (these only apply to blank, wall, and floor cells)
- fixed DNS issues
- version 1.01.07
- added functionality for assigning buttons to switches and bombs
- added map author to map editor functionality (also included in JSON output)
- JSON output is now fully functioning with buttons, switches, and bombs
- further separated options on the map editor site navigation
- version 1.00.05
- fixed map PNG generator issues
- hard-coded TagPro server IP to speed up connection problems (due to DNS resolve being slow)
- version 1.00.03
- added functionality allowing maps to be directly tested from within the map editor
- built initial error checking (currently limited to flag usage) for map completion
- version 1.00.00